I believe in continuing education (for everyone) and with that I read a number of branding, marketing or development blogs that you should read, too. Then we should go get coffee and talk about them. Even after 20 years I think it’s super important to keep you with new things in the field. These are some fun places I find relevant content that I share with clients and use in my own business.
- Braid Creative writes a great blog on creative and small business branding. They are blowing up the content lately on their blog, webinar series and podcast. If you have been in business for a while this is just as relevant to you as it is to the newbie.
- The Hubspot Marketing blog is pretty killer. They have great information that you can directly use in your own business. They are a go to for me on a weekly basis.
- I’ve been following Chris Brogan for a long time and he continues to write valuable, relevant pieces that help small businesses, online business and those looking to figure out what the heck they are doing.
- Paul Jarvis doesn’t write a blog. Instead he writes a Sunday Dispatch that I am super in love with and a bit jelly that I can’t get my shit together to do on a regular basis. He works with creatives and has really good things to say. Subscribe. You won’t regret it (except when you feel jealous of all that goodness.)
- I definitely didn’t attend an Ivy League school, but I read the Harvard Business Journal pretty religiously… because anyone can do that. This is good stuff, for free and without the weird secret clubs and hazing.
- Down to earth, practical and honest about how to get things done for your business belongs to the beautiful Marie Forleo. Her drive is amazeballs and her message is completely on point.
- I’ve been listening or reading Elise Joy before she had kids, a business selling Get To Workbook or was a sought after speaker. She is someone who does what she says and encourages you to too. Her podcast is a sweet reminder that business can have balance.
- Peg Fitzpatrick is my go to for social media marketing. She is smart, insightful, totally experienced (not just talking about it – DOING IT) and I get to meet her in September!!!
Alright, what am I missing? Who do you read in the marketing sphere that I should totally be adding to my queue? BONUS: Looking for blogging help? Check out Problogger – he has the sweetest Australian accent and really is a pro and I’ve been reading/listening to him for YEARS. Need to do a Business Plan? Jennifer Lee is your woman! She brings the Right Brain Business Plan to life and has been fun to watch grow her own business over the years.